Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Girl

I saw you before you noticed
I yearned before you cared
I watched as you grew closer
I gathered strength & then I dared

I dared to pluck on heartstrings
To empty out my Purse
To open hidden wounds
That you alone could nurse

I gave you raw emotions
You gave an open ear
You say I gave you courage
I say you calmed my fear

You opened up new avenues
And shored up my crumbling bank
You gave me new desires
And showed me my world frank

Your passion plays your deeper mind
Your compassion shows your trust
Your spirit shows your gift for life
Your laughter shows your lust

To write or speak about you
Would a lengthy novel take
But in short bursts, and now and then
Sweet memories I’ll rake

1 comment:

  1. I almost want to steal a line from this and hold onto it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete