Thursday, April 9, 2009

Running

I never understood running before today. I did not realize that such a simple task could bring me back to a time when there was no time. When a green open field was a place to play not something to mow. When Kings lived on hills not died on them. Where joy was quick and sadness could be lifted by ice cream. Before I was a brother, before I was big enough to help around the house. Before credit cars and work and people who depend on you to be a certain way. Before I sucked in my gut and stood up straight. Before I combed my hair in the morning and when I squeeked after a bath. When I run, all the weights fall behind me and the breath deepens. I am me, meaning I am no one, undefined, unspoiled and free.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I relate. The freedom of being alone and no one.

    ReplyDelete